25 replies to this topic

SirJibAlot

SJ'er with 1000+ posts

• SJ Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • 53 topics
  • Local time: 09:24 AM
Sorry, just saw this thread. I lived in Sing for 6 years, here's a few ideas.

Night Safari - this thing is a must see. Very well done, it's not your average zoo. All nocternal anmials that are equatorial in natural surroundings. make sure and get off the tram and go checkout the bat cave, but beware of peeing bats!

Boat Quay - can't go wrong there. I like an Indian place that is close to the tall buildings side.

Sim Lim Square - get your cheap electronic fix there

Kenko Massage - get the family chinese foot massages, they are the best and great after a long day of walking

Go Kart Track - This is a little bit out of the way, you'll need to catch a cab and you should call ahead for free race time. Depending on the kid's ages, they'll love this.

Sentosa - At dusk they have an awesome water fountain lazer light show.

Anywya, that should be enough for now - have fun!
Jibbin ain't easy - when you have a kid....

Indo

SJ'er with 4000+ posts

• SJ Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,941 posts
  • 80 topics
Well... a ittle late but what the heck1
GOT INTO SINGO AND jumped on the Cultural tour at 5pm. Had to sit through a solid hour and a bit of a guy who thought he was funny taking on a sights , smells and sounds tour of singapore , where we weren't allowed to leave the bus.. well 2 hours killed.
Kids playground (yawn) and massage lounge made up for the rest of the time.. as well as the walkways. kids loved running on em, till the guys with the machine guns told them to chill out!

Bushpig

SJ'er with 5000+ posts

• SJ Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,219 posts
  • 55 topics
I did the free tour too about 5 years ago Indo. Exactly as Ger described. Good to get out of the airport, but nothing really amazing. On a different trip/stopover I took a wander through China town and the Indian area. Was interesting, but much less sterilized than where the tour takes you. I have also heard that the zoo is pretty amazing. We are definitely gonna be checking that out when we are there in 3 months! \:\) When is your parole Indo?
The thing that TARAKO preserved the ovary of a walleye pollock in salt

Indo

SJ'er with 4000+ posts

• SJ Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,941 posts
  • 80 topics
April 7th mate. Tix in hand..
last day in Jp will be hectic!
Am shink to Tokyo disneyland for the day and jump on the plane in the evening straight to SA via melb.
Countdown calendar tells me 77 days.. Not that I'm counting or anything!
You?

Bushpig

SJ'er with 5000+ posts

• SJ Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,219 posts
  • 55 topics
No tix booked yet, but aiming at April 18(ish) \:\) Then Sing/Malaysia/Maldives/ SW WA!! \:D
The thing that TARAKO preserved the ovary of a walleye pollock in salt

TubbyBeaverinho

Beer, now there's a temporary solution!

• SJ Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,920 posts
  • 197 topics
  • Nationality:Scottish
  • Currently:Japan
I liked little India for the food, the smells of all the spices just make you salivate!!!

oh and do the night safari at the zoo, that was cool. (You prob won't be there at that time though)

If you want to take a "tour" but don't wanna use the official bus, you can take a regular bus. Can't remember the number though but its like a circular, takes you all round singapore city. You can pick it up almost anywhere in the city...sorry though, the number escapes me
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good Chairmen do nothing