I like pies. Abetastic!

• SJ Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,825 posts
  • 289 topics
  • Local time: 11:31 PM
  • Nationality:British
  • Currently:Japan
Your nationality is only mildly interesting because you don't seem to have a grasp on either English or Japanese; and you have been the one bringing it up.
For my part, I was only bringing up incorrect information*... not language ability. (* Oh yes, and plonker-ish-ness).
Please do go over to the other thread though and explain the bit about the shinkansens and silly station names.
Domo.
Of course, if you find that you are wrong please don't forget to be is censed and apologise issue.
Pies.

pie-eater

I like pies. Abetastic!

• SJ Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,825 posts
  • 289 topics
Sounds like great value that Mr Wiggles.

I do like a good hotel breakfast.

:yummy:

Back home over summer, we had an all you can eat breakfast at a restaurant called Harvester in Warrington.
It was amazing, and only 6 quid each. Truly quality stuff, and as much of it as you like.
I hope it's still there next year. Would be great at double the price.
Pies.

Big Al

SJ'er with 250+ posts

• SJ Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • 6 topics
  • Local time: 12:31 AM
  • Nationality:Australian
  • Currently:Not Japan

View PostBiggen, on 07 November 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

Your welcome to think that pointing out a well known trait is considered discriminative. The majority of Scottish people are very proud of being frugal.

I wasn't going to comment on this on-going handbags-at-dawn squabble, but Biggen !!! Where the hell do you get this from ?? :thumbsdown:

Your ill-informed condescension meter must have hit the red zone. :lol: :lol:
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty

TubbyBeaverinho

Beer, now there's a temporary solution!

• SJ Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,920 posts
  • 197 topics
  • Nationality:Scottish

View PostBiggen, on 07 November 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

Peetan it was DiGriz who mention twin room try looking at best available price

Correct, the Metro chain is considered 4 star but this Metro is house in the Sepia Tower. The Sepia tower is built using old and new Japanese building methods. Using the old counterweight system used in Japan's centuries old Pagoda and the latest concrete building methods of that time. If it was built to international standards of the same period, it would have collapse on 3/11. That why this particular Hotel is worth a extra star. I was in the Sepia Tower on the 34th food when the .9 quake hit at 2.45pm on the 3/11. If you do not think staying in a earthquake proof building so that your family are safe in a earthquake prone City is not worth a extra star then you are entitled to your opinion be it a bad opinion at that.

You must be new to this forum because most users of this forum known the history between Tubby, Pie and myself.

Tubby voiced his opinion at my comment. My comment contain advice on where to stay at for a bargain price. Tubby comment on my advise

So who is doing the so call trolling.

Do you want ban Tubby as well.

Anyway I think Tubby can bat for himself. You just hold up your end.

As for my nationality I don,t think anyone cares. I know I don,t

Your welcome to think that pointing out a well known trait is considered discriminative. The majority of Scottish people are very proud of being frugal. Judging by Tubby reply, it is Tubby who is offended by this fact. If I apologise to Tubby I would be offering the Majority of Scottish people. So I suggest, build a bridge and both get over it.

:confused: The majority of Scots are proud to be frugal?!? Hmm.....I think you are insulting my ancestors

You are aware of what a public forum is right?! It's a discussion of topics.....you said that the Metro, at 180 dollars, is a bargain.....I said that it depends on what your idea of a bargain is, because 180 dollars is not a bargain.......for me a hotel room that's 180 a night is pretty damn expensive.......how exactly is that trolling?!?

History between me, you and Pies? :lol:
i have no history with you.....you may perceive us to have some but that's a one way street.....I simply take part in discussions that are going on in the forums
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good Chairmen do nothing

Peetan

SJ'er with 250+ posts

• SJ Members
  • 272 posts
  • 8 topics
A. SAPIA tower.

B. You can't get a room that fits 4 people in it. I tried finding it. Therefore cheapest is two TWIN rooms, at 470 dollars total. That is not a bargain, and not what you said. I also can't find the part that says the Sapia tower is 5-star rated. I'm only using the best available price on the OFFICIAL Marunouchi website, so I might be a little wrong, who knows. Please prove me wrong.

It's great to see that you were in safe in that building, because were you in the other hotels that weren't damaged, you could have been killed. </sarcasm>

I can see that you joined 3 months before me. Well done, you veteran. Please check before trying to belittle people; if you are on a hiding to nothing, people will definitely know.

Oh, and MOST PEOPLE know not to use sweeping statements, because all they do is piss people such as myself off. However, is spite of this my sweeping statement is that most people probably don't give a damn, not a tiny care, about whatever grievance you have.

I am fully aware that Tubby can fight his own battles. You're just getting on my nerves, which takes a lot by the way, and I am telling you such. Wind your neck in and change your tone.

surfarthur

SJ'er with 10+ posts

• SJ Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • 6 topics
  • Nationality:Kiwi
What Peetan said.

DiGriz

SJ'er with 500+ posts

• SJ Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • 25 topics
  • Nationality:US
+1
AKA Slippery Jim:

Mr Wiggles

SJ'er with 5000+ posts

• SJ Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,023 posts
  • 56 topics
  • Nationality:________

View PostSKI, on 07 November 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

Now that does sound like value for money.

Must admit, it's the breakfast that I like most about staying somewhere. Scrimp on that and I'm not a happy camper. Nice big hotel full on buffet though and I like that.

If you have the time, Okinawa is well cheap at this time of year. The south end, Ishigaki in particular, will still be warm enough to swim in the sea. Japanese people stuck in "Summer is August" mode won't be swimming, but the sea will be warmer than the Med is in early July and the beaches will be deserted. On sunny days, air temp will be 26, 27C I guess. It'll only feel cold if its windy.

Okinawa has loads of resort hotels with big rooms and the breakfast buffet. I reckon you could go there for four nights for about fifty odd thousand, flights and car rental included.
Be Natural in Nature
Go Outside Enjoy Life

Peetan

SJ'er with 250+ posts

• SJ Members
  • 272 posts
  • 8 topics
I bloomin' loved ishigaki- a real slice of heaven. If you can, get to hirakawa and go in one of the glass bottom boats to see something wonderful. If it is actually warm enough to swim (definitely will be comparing to the bitter UK, fooking brisk all year round) then going to one of the nearby islands means you can snorkel or scuba and see some very amazing reefs. Kohamajima haimurubushi hotel is absolutely wonderful too, and might be reasonable this time of year.

Michkin

SJ'er with 10+ posts

• SJ Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 1 topics
  • Local time: 12:31 PM
  • Nationality:Brazil
If you want to save more on hotel, there is the Hotel Lumiere Nishikasai. It's further away, 30min east of Tokyo Station by train.
4 people per room, 2 nights for under 300 dollars total (150 per night for 4 people).
It might be a triple room or 2 twin beds, so the teens might have to sleep in the same bed.
BTW, I never stayed in this hotel.

TubbyBeaverinho

• SJ Members
  • 21,920 posts
  • 197 topics
30 mins east?!! In Chiba?
That's way out there....you'd be better staying down in Yokohama if you didn't want to stay in Tokyo but be nearby.....much more to do in Yokohama than Chiba.....unless you were wanting to be close to Narita of course
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good Chairmen do nothing

Michkin

SJ'er with 10+ posts

• SJ Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 1 topics
  • Local time: 12:31 PM
  • Nationality:Brazil
It's in Edogawa, not that far from Disney.
Google maps says 30min (10 min walking to the station, 15 min train and 5min walking from Otemachi to Tokyo station.)

My #1 location is still Tokyo Station, but if hotel cost is a priority, there are other options.

Anyways, I better leave it to others to give hotel suggestions then.

TubbyBeaverinho

• SJ Members
  • 21,920 posts
  • 197 topics
no, no of course not…..all suggestions are great of course…..I just thought it might be a bit far from anything else. its all good Michkin :)

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users